Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Jenny
Hi Chris

I would like to join you, although looks like there may be no spaces left??
Also what time would be likely to return by as I am working that night?

Thanks
Jenny

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Shellz
Ta Chris, sign me up if there is still space please. :)

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

We will be taking all three galleys to Greenwich, which will make an impressive contingent and are likely to be the most traditional boats in the entire event, just about.
The crews are:

Bembridge   (Ladies}
Shelley
Elaine
Marilyn
Sue
Teri
Debbie

Sallyport (Men)
Graham
Ron
Mark
Andrew
Nigel (cox)
Cheryl (passenger in race)

Langstone Lady (Men)
Jenny (passenger in race)
Mike
Al
Tim
Me
Frances (Cox)

The Mens/Ladies categories only apply to the race, so people marked as passengers will get a row in the procession.
Please shout if I have left anybody out.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Jenny
Hi Chris you missed me can I come in Langstone Lady?
Thanks Jenny

Sent from Samsung Mobile

We will be taking all three galleys to Greenwich, which will make an impressive contingent and are likely to be the most traditional boats in the entire event, just about.
The crews are:

Bembridge
Shelley
Elaine
Marilyn
Sue
Graham
Nigel

Sallyport
Teri
Ron
Cheryl
Andrew
Debbie
Mark

Langstone Lady
Mike
Al
Tim
Me
Frances (Cox)

Please shout if I have left anybody out.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2062.html

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Hi Jenny - I realised I had missed you off as soon as I pressed the 'post' button. And I had failed to realise the race had Mens/Ladies/Mixed categories. The post is now updated.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Jenny
Ok Thank you looking forward to it.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Hi Jenny - I realised I had missed you off as soon as I pressed the 'post' button. And I had failed to realise the race had Mens/Ladies/Mixed categories. The post is now updated.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2064.html

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

alison kidd
Chris, Ok I am now doubly gutted, having missed out on the Broads Tour and then had to pull out of this event with what I was told was a fractured wrist, it now transpires (having just got back from QA )that it was just badly sprained (expletives edited out!!). So if there's any chance at all of coming tho looks like you're crewed up please please can I come too? Alison

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Oh Alison, how annoying!
You are very welcome to come along for the ride and the Greenwich event looks like fun even from the shore. You might be able to persuade someone to swap out for either the race or the rowpast, whichever they prefer.
I don't think we can take any more boats (although if there is a surge in demand we might consider it) but if anyone else wants to come along for the Tall Ships and the festival do post here.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

alison kidd
Thanks, I will come along as it looks like a good day out. In the meantime I'll practise my best mournful expression in the hope that someone takes pity on me and lets me have a row?! Alison

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Malcolm Knight has emailed to say that our entry is the only women's crew entered, and would it be possible to mix our crews around to field two mixed crews instead.
So here is the revised crew list for the race. We also have Ron, Cheryl, Alison and Debbie coming who will stay on the shore during the race (cheering lustily), but they will row in the row-past with others acting as passengers. We have one more than can fit in three galleys so I will stay on the shore for the row-past and take pictures.

Bembridge (mixed)
Shelley
Elaine
Mark
Andrew
Teri (cox)

Sallyport
Jenny
Sue
Graham
Nigel
Marilyn (cox)

Langstone Lady
Mike
Al
Tim
Me
Frances (Cox)

Any glaring mistakes/omissions?

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Debbie B
Hi Chris,
Please can you cancel me off this trip.
Thank you,
Debbie

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Here is the provisional plan. The row-past and race starts at noon, but there is plenty going on in Greenwich so it would be a good idea to arrive as early as possible so we can get the boats on the water and have a look around before the event.
Because of the early start, there will be a work party after the Saturday row, probably about 1100, to put all the galleys on the trailers and get them ready for the road.
Departure on Sunday will be at 08.00 promptly - high water is at 10.36 so we need to get the boats out of the compound without too much delay so please foregather at the Mill at 07.30.
This should mean we will arrive at Deptford at about 10.00.
We should get back at around 18.00 but that depends on how good the festival is!
The cost per person will be £15 including fees and petrol.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

ron and cheryl
Looking forward to it Chris, thanks for all your work ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Chris... I think Victoria would like to row...

Also we are likely to be coming back from Norfolk on Sunday to meet you at Greenwich...so cannot tow... However my car can tow, so if it helps, we can arrange a car swap...

On 28 August 2014 13:21, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2124.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Teri Baker
Hi Mike,

  One glaring mistake I'm afraid - you've got me listed as coxing Bembridge.   Afraid I have only ever coxed a galley once before and that was last weekend for about half an hour on a fairly quiet bit of Southampton water, so I honestly don't think I am up to the standard required for the Thames on a busy event like this.    Sorry about this - but I'm not sufficiently competent / confident enough to feel that I can  safely cox for this event .     So probably best if I drop out so that someone with the required skill / experience can get into the event.

cheers

  Teri

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Fair enough - we can swap people over on the day when we know exactly who is present.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Andrew B
Teri - I'm happy to cox if you want to row in my place
Andrew

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Teri Baker
Aplogies Chris - got my replies tangled up on the shock of seeing myself listed as a cox - should've replied thus to your post-
  One glaring mistake I'm afraid - you've got me listed as coxing Bembridge.  last weekend was the first time I've properly coxed one of the galleys in close confines, and we both know it was all pretty calm and quiet, so I honestly don't think I am up to the standard required for the Thames on a busy event like this.    Sorry about this - just don't think I'm sufficiently competent  enough to  safely cox for this event .... and the crunch word for me is "safely" as applied to folk and boat!      So probably best if I drop out so that someone with the required skill / experience can get into the event.

cheers

  Teri

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

... Teri, I understand, I will chat with Chris today about who is in what boat... there is a rumour of a race so we might change things around a bit yet...

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2157.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Mark Taylor
Does anyone have a view on transport up to Deptford for Sunday? Travel by rail to get there for 10:00 is looking near on impossible due to engineering works whether you travel from Havant to Waterloo or Victoria. I have spoken with Chris P and he has made a fair assumptions that we will all turn up at Langstone and dive into enough cars to transport us all to London. I think Chris and Shelly will be towing  the single and double galley trailers and there will be some spaces in those cars but for the rest of the nineteen  of us??

I assume 8 can travel in the two cars towing leaving 11 to make own way.

So do we have enough people willing to drive to Deptford and take the rest of us as pasengers? Please post your views?

An alternative might be a 12 seater minibus with driver for around £250, then it would cost around £21 per person for the round trip. I am willing to book a minibus - but it is quite short notice.

1234