Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Andrew B
This post was updated on .
And - as at Norfolk - if anyone needs to borrow one please let me know, I have quite a few, please make sure you return them to me - the best ones are quiet expensive. ( They are the ones that actually work ).

1 Jenny
Andrew

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Jenny
Hi Andrew

Could I borrow one please?

Thanks
Jenny

Sent from Samsung Mobile

And - as at Norfolk - if anyone needs to borrow one please let me know, I have quite a few, please make sure you return them to me - the best ones are quiet expensive. ( They are the ones that actually work ).

Andrew

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2212.html

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

This has been arranged - life jackets will be available for all.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Hi all,
The weather forecast tomorrow is fine with light north-westerly breezes.
Just a reminder that we need to get going as soon as possible tomorrow to arrive at Deptford as close to 10.00 as possible, so could everyone get to the Mill at 07.30 to get the boats down the slipway and hitched to the cars. The minibus will be departing from the High Street at 08.00.
Club kit, please.
Mike and Victoria are meeting us there, which means Shelley is using his Land Rover to tow the double trailer. Unfortunately this has meant an extra insurance bill of nearly £40, so the cost of the trip has gone up from £15 to £17. I hope that is OK with you all.
It looks like being a great day!

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

alison kidd
Looking forward to a great day out. Alison

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Teri Baker
That was well and truly a cracking day out!

Thank you gentlemen for the organising , transporting and generally shepherding us motley to Greenwich!!

Very much enjoyed and appreciated.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Andrew B
Teri,
Seconded, thanks to all organisers.

On 7 September 2014 21:37, Teri Baker [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
That was well and truly a cracking day out!

Thank you gentlemen for the organising , transporting and generally shepherding us motley to Greenwich!!

Very much enjoyed and appreciated.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2233.html

Andrew Berry
Andrew

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Grahaml
Thanks for a great day out, this club never stops amazing me as to what we can do.
Happy Graham
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 6, 2014, at 4:16 PM, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,
The weather forecast tomorrow is fine with light north-westerly breezes.
Just a reminder that we need to get going as soon as possible tomorrow to arrive at Deptford as close to 10.00 as possible, so could everyone get to the Mill at 07.30 to get the boats down the slipway and hitched to the cars. The minibus will be departing from the High Street at 08.00.
Mike and Victoria are meeting us there, which means Shelley is using his Land Rover to tow the double trailer. Unfortunately this has meant an extra insurance bill of nearly £40, so the cost of the trip has gone up from £15 to £17. I hope that is OK with you all.
It looks like being a great day!

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2223.html

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Thanks to all of you for making it such a memorable day. People were saying how impressed they were at the speed and efficiency of launching the boats
I got this message from Malcolm Knight:

Good evening!!

Once again - WELL DONE to you all for a great event.
Apologies to the PLA for the need for the Steward's Enquiry, 'less haste more speed' with sorting the times...we'll get it right one day!

I'll be uploading the pics I took to the QRB, Thames Alive and TTRA Face Book pages shortly.

One admin matter - can I have the numbers back from Ahoy 1 (47), Lady Gillet (57) and all three(!!) from Langstone (40,59,60) - my address is 434, Hurst Road, Molesey, Surrey, KT8 1QS - thank you.

We'll discuss dates and see if we can add it to the annual event calendar - a last sprint race before the big one, the GRR.

See you all in a few weeks time.
Very best to you all
Malcolm

Malcolm R. KNIGHT
Director Thames Alive
Mobile: 07973 562038
www.thamesalive.org.uk
www.facebook.com/thamesalive

Numbers 40 and 60 were picked up by Joe Lane and he is sending them back - has anyone got No 59? If so, could you pop them in the post to Malcolm?
I have some pics and I will post them here later.
Once again, thanks for a cracking day out!

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Also, I failed to collect £17 off somebody - could the person I missed out get in touch?

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Mike Gilbert
Is that me??

On 8 September 2014 12:23, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also, I failed to collect £17 off somebody - could the person I missed out get in touch?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928p2238.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

No - our contributions are set against our expenses. Otherwise I would be collecting money off myself and then giving myself money back again, and that way madness lies.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Frances
Thanks Chris, for all your hard work organising such a fantastic day.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Everything now sorted out and we made a small surplus which has gone into the pin money fund - I hope it will help buy a new diaphragm for Langstone Lady's pump...

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Nigel

May I also say a big thank-you to  all who contributed to a great day out!  ....happy times were only slightly tempered by the dousing of all my gear and the demise of camera and photos....

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Shellz
Belated thanks (internet shortage in my life at the moment) for a great day.  Apart from my inability to operate a gate, it was a fab day and nice to be reacquainted with the sloppy mucky Thames just before the GRR.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Ron and Cheryl want to add their thanks to all too. You can imagine the shock we had with our first time on the swirling bobby waters of the Thames (didn't expect that!), but thoroughly enjoyed it. Many thanks to Andrew for showing us round Greenwich with his interesting knowledge. GREAT DAY OUT!! Thanks to all again ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

I spoke to soon...I think someone has not yet paid or promised payment so if I failed to nobble you on Sunday for £17 I would appreciate it if you would come forward.
Of course, this may just be down to my inability to count properly or keep proper lists on paper...
1234