Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Phil, thanks for the tow offer we can now take three boats. This row is now full but I am happy to add names to a reserve list as we know schedules change. But not you Phil we need you to tow the Celtic, so rest up, in fact we all think total relaxation is called for. Do it for the club, Phil!!!
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Michael Gilbert
..Responding to "...another club trialing..." CRAC would like to take 2 boats but only have one person willing to tow; so cannot help.. sorry.. Mike

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Susan Wagg
Please could I be on your list if a space becomes available.
Thanks
Sue

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Needed elsewhere...luckily for waiting list

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Alison b
Yes please...in a Celtic if possible please

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

I am also interested, and as you know have a tow bar.
HOWEVER………
(I thought that might get your attention…)
It has come to my attention that the application of some of the rules on the Hamble have CHANGED recently.
The relevant bit ( for CRAC as well as us) is that application of launching fees  [remember that our normal Warsash launching point is right next to the Hamble Harbour Office!) will now be more rigorous. In particular….

Quote from a recent enquiry << they were charming in the authority office and happy to inform me that as we were under 6 metres and unmotorised we were free to launch.>>
<<<
Most of our boats are over this limit.
As the French might say, “Soit gardez, faites prudence”.  —— probably colloquially incorrect I know, but you get the drift…

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Phil Hill
Hi Michael
Am still ok to tow but also note that a space has become available which I hope could be made available for the transporter, my back is a lot better
Best
Phil

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Phil, you were in the team and in a boat with 6 so some rest is available if needed.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Nigel, I spoke to the harbour master and was told as a courtesy he will waive the fees. I do not expect the same response from the machine in the parking lot. C’est la vie.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Steph Savill
Hi Michael

Will it be the Passage Lane car park to go in or the Shore Road one.
Not been there before so just done a google maps.

I am happy to take others there so not too many cars going. I will come off M27 at Fareham and cut through Titchfield to Warsash Road.

Thanks Steph

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Steph, Passage Lane car park.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Susan Wagg, you being first reserve now have a place as Dee dropped out.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Alison B, you are now first reserve.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Lesley Grainger
Hi Michael,
Just checking whether I'm in or not please as I would really like to do it? I did respond to the original post. Thanks. Lesley G

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Here is crew list, Nigel you are first reserve.
Langstone Lady
Marilyn
Bobby
Joan
Tom
Lesley
Me - towing

SWeare Deep
Mark - Captain
Steph S
Lesley G
Phil H - towing
Susan W
Alison B

Sallyport
Matt - Captain
Lynn M
Chris M
Nigel
Julie
Karen B

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Tuesday Oct 31
08.30-meet boat park, load boats
10.00- Warsach
10.30- row to Horse and Jockey
13.30- leave pub
15.00- reload at Warsach
16.30- unload at boat park
For those who have not rowed up this water it starts off among all the moored boats and passes the marinas and the pink ferry then under the big road bridges and suddenly you are in the quiet countryside, it gets narrower and narrower until finally you are using the oars to steer as the rudder is to slow for all the tight bends. So different from our harbour.
Hopefully the leaves will be in colour but either way it is beautiful.
Too early for a serious weather forecast but we live in hope.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Steph Savill
Thanks Michael I am looking forward to this I have heard the row is lovely.
🤞🤞🤞 weather will be kind.

Steph

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

shahnaz
Me please

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Liz Hall
Michael, can I be excused from loading boats at Langstone please. As I live at Clanfield, it would mean a 56 mile round trip to drive to Langstone then Warsash and I will have to leave home by 7.40 am. Also I have a longstanding shoulder injury that means I can't reach up to the top level of the double trailer. Please may I meet you at Warsash at 10.00 next Tuesday. Liz

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
If any other members on the Hamble row do not feel they can assist with the lift onto the trailer please let me know now, thank you.
The weather is looking better for Tuesday.
Michael
1234