Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Liz, normally with loading boats we make sure there are more than enough members to do the job safely without asking anyone to lift more than they are comfortable with and stepping aside is perfectly acceptable. But with a tow row the obligation is for each of the very limited number of members to lift.
Therefore I feel that this is not the row for you. Look forward to seeing you on future rows.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Liz Hall
OK then I will come down to Langstone and help. I really want to row.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Liz, it was not the coming to the boat park, it is the lifting part. It is not fair on the rest of us if one member cannot lift. This is not a concern on a normal boat move but with a limited crew each member must contribute.
I have given your spot to the first reserve.
I will organise more rows where no lifting is involved and you will be most welcome to join.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Liz Hall
Michael, you misunderstood, I always help lift whenever I row. It is just the top deck that I find difficult. I have had the issue for more than 5 years and it has never stopped me before. There are plenty of others to help, you don't need 18 people all at once on the top boat. I am very disappointed if you won't let me come. The club normally accommodate everyone. I will even consider leaving the club over this

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Phil Hill
Michael

All ok for Tuesday but I will need help with my lightboard connection, my cable will not be long enough, does the club have any extension cables or alternatively an appropriate lightboard to suit the trailer?

Thanks
Phil

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Phil, yes the Celtic trailer has a light board but you will need your plate to attach to it. If not I have an extension cord.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Phil Hill
That’s fine, thanks

So, have I definitely been taken off the crew list now? I will come down to help load boats if I can row. Please.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Yes, I am sorry Liz.
Maybe another time.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Pete Reed
Only just seen this post and now having read all pages it looks like there are no more spaces.
However, if one comes available I would love to join in.
Happy to load boats and drive others as needed.
Pete

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Pete, you are first reserve

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Michael Gilbert
Michael, I said I would let the Horse and Jockey know numbers tomorrow... so they are prepared in the kitchen? Mike

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Mike we have 18 to add to your numbers, thank you. Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Michael Gilbert
Thanks - I have advised 33 in all... Mike

Mike G, are you bringing 15 crew?
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Hamble crew,
This is my contact number if you have any problems with road closures etc
07493 842505
It looks like the sun may shine on the righteous tomorrow and with a bit of luck we will be near them.
See you at 8.30am in the boat park.
Michael

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Michael Gilbert
Michael, H&J are a bit concerned about the number now... they are offering a limited menu... can we pre-order? If we can, they would like to know food choices...
They are offering:

Cheese & Bacon Burger;£16.50
Scampi & Chips; £15.50
Steak and Al Pie/mash; £16.50
Spag. Bolognese; £16.00
Mushroom Risotto (veg); £15.50
Mediterranean Risotto (veg) £15.50.

They would like to know this evening if you can respond ... 01489 796654??

Mike

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

michael
Mike G, Lesley and I were just going to have a pint and a bowl of chips like last time.
I cannot imagine enough “faffers” I mean cutters getting back to me by tonight but if they do I will forward it to H&J
Michael
We do not have a WhatsApp group going so they will see it here.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Lynn Murray
Just a bowl of chips for Chris and I please - we don’t want to have a full meal thank you.

Re: Hamble River Autumn excursion CRAC

Just a bowl of chips for me too please. Thanks, Matt
1234