IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

The now almost traditional Isle of Wight row will take place on Sunday Jan 4, when we will row from Lee-on-the-Solent to Cowes for lunch in the Union pub.
It is a five mile row across open water so lifejackets will be worn. High water is about 10.30 so we will be rowing across the ebb both ways.
The plan is to meet at the boat park at 09.30 for a 10.00 departure. We will be back at about 16.00.
In the event that the weather is too aggressive for crossing the Solent we will fall back on Plan B, which is to launch at Warsash and row up the Hamble to the Horse and Jockey.

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Timp
Yes please Chris, cheers Tim

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Shellz
Oh yes please! Love this row.

:)

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

yes please ,,,, 2 more....

Sent from my iPad

On 27 Dec 2014, at 10:03, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

The now almost traditional Isle of Wight row will take place on Sunday Jan 4, when we will row from Lee-on-the-Solent to Cowes for lunch in the Union pub.
It is a five mile row across open water so lifejackets will be worn. High water is about 10.30 so we will be rowing across the ebb both ways.
The plan is to meet at the boat park at 09.30 for a 10.00 departure. We will be back at about 16.00.
In the event that the weather is too aggressive for crossing the Solent we will fall back on Plan B, which is to launch at Warsash and row up the Hamble to the Horse and Jockey.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/IoW-Row-Sunday-Jan-4-tp2870.html

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Andrew B
Yes please - Andrew, Debbie is playing tennnis
Andrew

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Hi All,
I would love to join you,need to work off the excesses of Christmas eating & drinking urgently.
Only gentle strolls available here.
.....Les...🍰🍰🍺🍺🍷🍷🎄.....

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Me too please Chris sounds brilliant! Rachel

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Yes please for me too. I love this row and foot now healed so need to get on the water! M xx

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

douglassmith
  - hurrah - finally released from the shackles of work - yes please Chris for the IoW row

  Douglas

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Alan Harding
Hi Chris,

Yes please if there is a spare space?

Many thanks,

Alan H

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Teri Baker
Yes please Chris - it'll do me far more good than wasting Sunday ironing shirts etc ready for the first week of term!   Has anyone mentioned this jaunt to Russ and the boys and girls at the Yarmouth gig club?  ... tis a slightly longer row for them  - but the post new year airing might appeal ..........

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

I have indeed mentioned this to Russ and he hopes to get a crew together, though unfortunately he won't be able to row himself due to injury. It is a 10mile slog against the tide for them so I think they would be well advised to tow to Cowes and come out to meet us.
Avery A on the Hamble may be coming as well, so it may be a big Solent galley reunion.
And Henley Whalers also have the date in their diary and are raising a crew.

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Shelley
Fab planning Chris, let's hope for good weather this year!

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Hi Chris,
      I'd like to come, but am not yet certain of an exeat.....
...whichever way the wind blows, remember the new entrance (and restrictions) to Cowes....Oh, and the tidal flows near the entrance have altered significantly compared to the Admiralty TSA.
Try
http://www.cowesharbourcommission.co.uk/cowes_breakwater_project

and
http://www.cowesharbourcommission.co.uk/local_notices_to_mariners

for more info.
Cheers
Nigel.

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Does anyone have a life jacket I could borrow for this row please?

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

I have one you can borrow, and if anyone else needs one the club has some flotation devices available.

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

LAR have several we can borrow....

On 1 Jan 2015 18:51, "rjnorris [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anyone have a life jacket I could borrow for this row please?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/IoW-Row-Sunday-Jan-4-tp2870p2902.html

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Thanks Chris and Mike, see you Sunday :-)

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Teri Baker
Hi Chris, afraid I'm going to be ducking out of tomorrow's row - hope that eases the over-subscription crowding a bit?   Have a damned fine row - whichever way it goes!

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Please note the new time for the start - to ensure we get out of the boat park in good time before the tide comes in, please foregathr at 09.00 rather than 09.30 as advertised. Thanks.
We have 12 for tomorrow's row:
Tim
Shelley
Mike
Victoria
Les
Douglas
Alan
Teri
Nigel
Me

Andrew is bringing a gig but is short of a couple of rowers, so could two of you experienced in the ways of thole pins transfer to him? Please nevertheless come to the boat park at the start so we will have enough muscle to get the trailers down the slipway.
Henley Whalers are bringing Molly and I believe a couple of boats are coming from the Hamble so it should be a good crowd at the Union.
The forecast is grey but dry, not too cold and with a gentle breeze (F2).
12