NOTE CHANGE OF PLAN for Saturday Feb 27

Chums of mine in the Dinghy Cruising Association are meeting on the Hamble on Saturday so I thought we would go and demonstrate how fast a 30ft four-oared Solent galley is. The forecast is for a brisk easterly wind but at least it is unlikely to be raining. High water is 14.00 ish.
The plan is to meet at the Mill at 10.30, load up however many boats we need and depart 11.30. We should be launching at Warsash about 12.00 and will head for the Horse and Jockey for lunch.
Back at the Mill about 16.00.

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Andy Mac
Yes please Chris

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Hi Chris, Ron and Cheryl for this please ~ Cheers

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Teri
Yes please Chris

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

I'd love to join please but would need to bag a lift from someone , hope that's ok ?

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Hi Dee,
We share cars from Langstone to Warsash and back so that will be no problem. Where do you have to come from?

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Tina
I would like to join please.

Thanks
Tina

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Ahh ok . Im on the island .
Cheers Chris

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Excellent - see you on Saturday!

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Dee
Really looking forward to this Chris .

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Jenny
Hi Chris
I would like to join you
Jenny

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

len b
ill come along please

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Liz Hall
John and Liz would like to come please.

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Douglas

 1 more for saturdays amble please Chris

   Douglas

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Yes please - would like to do this on Saturday

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Yes please from frances

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Marilyn
It looks like you have 14 rowers, can you take one more ? If so I would like to join you.Marilyn.

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Just a thought, with the number of interested rowers in this ever popular excursion:-

As one of the galleys is holed, we could take Gladys, which I believe is already on a trailer. I know that many will see that what I have written hear is close to blasphemy but it would enable everyone who has signed up to get a row. If Gladys is up at Colin's house, I can help out on Friday to get her ready.

However, I know this all hinges round who is able to tow.

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Geoff
Hi all. As you are aware Kangstone lady is holed. I would like it turned on tressel so I can finish repairs. I will be down at 1030. Geoff

Re: Amble up the Hamble Saturday Feb 27

Andy Mac
Top man and many thanks Geoff.
See you Saturday