New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00 - Latest update

New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00 - Latest update

Good morning everyone. The weather forcast today is going to be showery and there is a fair chance we will be blessed with the most stuff falling from the heavens.  However,  the mean wind speed are tolerable to take novice rowers out of we stick to a triangular course in Lee of sw winds.  Ie Oak to ship,  along bridge apron and back.  We have big tide,  so can pass over shallows.

So please can you advise your guests to come along and bring full waterproofs,  top and trouser.

Let's go for it. If all else fails,  the bar of the Roal Oak oak beckons.

If anyone turns up early,  priority is to get mabel and Gladys in.  We will use these for training and then bring in to boat park as v high winds expected later this week.

 A number of new rowers days have been planned this year and have yielded great results with some of our new members even participating in the Great River Race. Please be aware that the clocks will have adjusted the night before to end BST. The plan is as follows:-

The weather forecast for Sundayis rather mixed, but even if wind is blowing a bit, we should be able, on the large tide to row in the relative shelter of Langstone Village by rowing triangular courses from Royal Oak to Ship, along bridge apron and back. So assume the day will go ahead as planned unless I post something here Sunday morning.

Sunday 29 October LCRC new rowers Day – Starting 10:00 GMT
(HW 11:34 4.9 mtrs)

The plan for the above is to take novice rowers out in positions 1 and 2 in the boats, (they then have an oar to follow on their side of the boat with experienced rowers at stroke and 3)

We have a large number of novice rowers planning to attend as follows. The names in brackets indicate to whom they are befriended in the club:-

Linda Tebb (Mark)
Karen Doye
Line Paulsen - friend of Matt Oneil
Paul Tomlinson - of Claire
Stepen Kay (alan)
Chris Waterhouse (Alan)
Elizabeth Beany (Mo)
Toni Treday (Mo)
Rob Henderson (Mo)
Sarah Plander (CRAC)
Rob and juliana (Mark)
Judy Darley - Conservancy (Mark)
Gina Simpson - Conservancy (Mark)
Peter Hill
Jenny Cave (Pam)
Fiend of Lesley Grainger

With this number of rowers, we will need all five of our big boats on the water. Please can I ask the following to be principal cox/coach for each boat:-

Liz W (SWeare Deep)
Alan (Langstone Lady )
Richard (Sallyport)
Frances (Mabel)
Mark (Gladys)

John DP – will be Dispatch and receive of boats

Wendy and Stephen – Allocate Novices to different boats and ensure all get a row

We currently also have following people signed up as experienced rowers.
Lesley
Roger and Dee
Wendy  and Stephen
Matt
Claire
Heather
Steph
Dave and Josie
Gill
Mo
Pam
Mike B

Please can the above  take it it turn to populate the boats as stroke and 3. Other experienced rowers, please wade round boats and do following:-
    • Get novice rowers foot positions adjusted correctly
    • Explain about leaning forward, keeping arms straight and catching at end of stroke.
    • Push with feet against board
    • Keep in time with oarsman on their side of boat.

It is difficult to know what the weather will be like this far ahead as posting this on Mon 23 Oct. However, we have a big tide, if we have prevailing SW winds, we should be able to take novices out on a loop from Royal Oak to Ship, along Bridge Apron and back. Obviously, if it blowing a real hooligan, we will have to decide on the day.  If the event is cancelled, I will go to Langstone in case guests turn up, but in such an event, please can I ask those who have friends attending, to check the forum on the day and to pass on the news of cancellation.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

New Rower - Linda Tebb is interested
Karen Doye intrested
Line Paulsen - friend of Matt Oneil
Paul Tomlinson - of Claire
Kerry Highgate (Claire)
Roger Highgate (Claire)
Stepen Kay (alan)
Chris Waterhouse (Alan)
Elizabeth Beany (Mo)
Toni Treday (Mo)
Rob Henderson (Mo)
Sarah Plander (CRAC)
Rob and juliana
Judy Darley - Conservancy
Gina Simpson - Conservancy
Peter Hill
Jenny Cave (Pam)
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Hi Mark, stick me down to help out please, and potentially have a good friend who wants to try:
Line (Danish for Lina) Paulsen
Thanks,

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Claire Tomlinson
Happy to row and can you add
Paul
Kerry Highgate Roger Highgate

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Heather Green
Hi Mark, Happy to row and help out in anyway.
Thanks, Heather.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

john d. pearce
Hi Mark
Se you on the beach.
John D.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Steph Savill
I will be there
Steph

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Alan Harding
Hi Mark,

I will be there to assist in any way.

I also have 2 people who want to come along to try rowing:

Stephen Kay
Chris Waterhouse

Many thanks,

Al

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Dave & Josie
We are happy to help where needed.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Gill
I will be there a newish newbie

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Hi Mark - In the diary and happy to row/cox/instruct/whatever is needed.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Mo Evans
I’m going to be there and available to help.  I have three people  to introduce - Elizabeth Beaney. Toni Treday and Rob Henderson.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Pam P
Happy to be there to help with whatever

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Mike Ballard
Hi Mark, Happy to assist with this. Regards Mike

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Wendy and Stephen
We will be there to help (or hinder!!) Wendy and Stephen

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

RichardH
Hi Mark

I will be there and happy to cox, instruct or row

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Rog & Dee Sellers
I'd like to come along and help if I can.  I haven't been for a while though. Dee

Rog will also be there

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Pam P
I'm already down to help.

Friend Jenny Cave would very much like to try it.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 29 October 10:00

Lesley Grainger
Hi Mark,
As a new member I'll be happy to help out wherever I can
It will be great to meet more of the members as well.
Lesley G
12