SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Dear all,

You may or may not be aware, but your wonderful rowing club, the Langstone Cutters, is 25 years old this year, and with that in mind your committee has been working hard to throw you all an anniversary party to celebrate!!
The party date is Sunday 23rd June from 11:30 to 15:30

The party is free of charge!!
There will be a short ceremony in the boat park at 11:30am
Followed by a row out in the harbour of Gladys, to recreate the first row the club ever did 25 years ago.

Then all into the garden of the Royal Oak, for…
Upon arrival you will be given a wristband, allowing you 20% off all alcoholic drinks
A free* hog roast and vegetarian option
Speeches and thank yous to previous members and dignitaries
A sing-along in the garden lead by some of our very own members

*there will be donation buckets around the site. All donations happily excepted with all proceeds coming back to the club

This should be a lovely celebration and one to remember for years to come, however it can only be made wonderful by you!! So with that in mind, we have some jobs for you….

We need help with the following please…

* We need your rowing pictures from over the years. They can be racing, pleasure, scenery or just us lot having fun, all photos are required please.
        Please email or WhatsApp all photos to Lesley Grainger at:

        LGLangstoneCutters@mail.com   or    07921135897

        Please include a brief description of where and when it was taken and who’s in it etc.

With the help of Steve and Tom these photos will be printed off and displayed around the garden as well as a souvenir photo book produced and available to buy on the day.

* We need volunteers to help decorate the pub garden and the boat park please. Please feel free to bring along any bunting, flags, lights etc etc you may have
* We need volunteers to man the photo book and surplus kit stall please
* We will need volunteers to be by the food to make sure we don’t run out and let the kitchen know accordingly

We are hoping for around 150+ people, so please feel free to bring your partners etc. and let’s make this a celebration to remember.

Please, indicate below if you are coming so we can assess numbers and also if you can help out with any of the above jobs.

We look forward to seeing you all there and celebrating with you all.

(Attached is a picture of the first row out 25 years ago).

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

KeithY
Well done Matt and the committee.
Excellent idea and event. Will definitely be there and happy to help out setting up or manning a food stall

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Dave & Josie
Darn it! Away that weekend! Think you’ll have a great day, sorry we’re not here to help :(

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Lesley Grainger
Sounds fabulous Matt. Well done to you & the committee for organising something to commemorate such a great milestone in the clubs history.
I'll be there on the day.
As well as helping with the photos I will also help with the decorations.
Kay Chambers and I will measure up & make blue & white bunting for the pub garden & boat park.
It will be a wonderful day of celebration.

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Lesley Grainger
Forgot to mention. I will also source 300 wristbands free of charge.
Lesley x

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Dave M
We will be there and happy to help out.

Dave & Jenny

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

James Griffin
Hopefully we will be on a river cruise somewhere between Paris and Prague
so sorry knocando

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Wendy and Stephen
We will be there to help eat the hog roast 😀 Wendy and Stephen 🚣‍♂️🚣

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Pam P
How lovely, well done and thank you to Matt and the team.

In the diary . Will wash my best pinny,  ready to be on food  duty.

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Anne3
What a great idea! I'm sorry I won't be able to get there until about 1pm, but am happy to stay on at the end and help clear up

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Julie A
I will be there and happy to help out with anything.

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Jo Kingsbury
Sounds great Matt. I'll be there and happy to help out with decor or wherever I can help.

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Mo Evans
Sounds fabulous!  Happy to help wherever needed.  Just let me know Mo

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Pete Reed
That sounds like a great celebration but unfortunately Maureen and I will be away that weekend
Hope you have kind weather and brilliant time

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Rich Beard
Jo and I will be there

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Vernon Seddon
Thanks Matt, I will be there with my wife, happy to help where needed.

Vernon

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Susan Wagg
Sounds great. Myself and Stephen would like to be there.  Very happy to help

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Claire Tomlinson
Sounds fun. I’ll be there with Paul.
Happy to help where I can.
Claire

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

MartinS
Hoping to make it - love the photo!

Re: SAVE THE DATE - 23rd June - LCRC 25th Anniversary Party!!

Vince Ibbs
Hi Matt

Thanks for the message and organisation. I recently joined the Cutters, but if I can, I will help out with whatever. I see that there is to be a singalong; I can bring my guitar if that will help???

All the best
Vince Ibbs
12