Tudor Challenge 19th August

Hi all

The next event on our calendar this year is the Tudor Challenge on 19th August. This is a 10 mile race hosted by Tudor rowing club. Those who took part last year said it was tough but fun.

They have set up a website for this year's event

 Tudor Challenge website.

Please take a look and sign up if you are interested in taking part

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Matt O’Neill
Hi Rachel,
Yes please for me.
Not sure of the others diary’s, but we thought it might be a good event to get the Mable GRR crew doing a long training row at, if possible please. Just see if the rest of them all sign up for it (I know Paul definitely can’t make that date).
Thanks, Matt

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Pete Reed
Last year we brought home some trophys.
Should we have them inscribed?
Pete

Fastest Solent Galley

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Matt O’Neill
Is that trophy in your house Pete?

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Pete Reed
It is Matt.

I think all the rest of the crew have had it but if not I'm sure they will let me know

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Yes please Rachel

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Joan
Yes please for me.  Joan

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Yes please Sue

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Mike Ballard
Yes please for me Rachel. If it works out could we use it as a GRR trial for the Sallyport crew or even reinstate last years trophy winning ‘Lady’ crew. But that’s not to the exclusion of anyone else but it was a tough one!

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Chris Murray
Yes please. Chris

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Vernon Seddon
Yes please for a crew for Gladys practicing for GRR, Mark, Phil, Dave, Nigel and Vernon. Waiting to hear from Keith

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Vernon Seddon
Keith is available so please add him to the Gladys crew.

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Mark Taylor
Rachel,  we have a full Gladys grr crew to do Tudor Challenge,  that is
Nigel
Phil p
Mark
Dave M
Vernon
Keith

Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

The Sweare Deep GRR crew would also like to use this race for training

Claire T
Heather
Jo K
Ally
Lynn

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Hi Rachel,
Some/most of Mable crew would like to row this race as a prep for the GRR please.

So far definitely rowing are:
Chris
Martin
Steve (in cox)
Myself

Paul can’t make the date due to his daughter’s wedding (excuses excuses!! 🤣), but I believe we have asked Pete R to step in his place.

Just still waiting to hear if Colin is available that day, if not, we may need a capable sub please.

Many thanks,

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

John Child
Hi Rachel,  the Tudor race rules don't mention passengers and state no substitutions, doesn't that rule out 6 person crews practicing for GRR?

John

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Alan Harding
Hi Rachel,

Can we enter the Lady GRR crew please.

Alan (me)
Mo E
John Child
Peter Loveridge
James...still to confirm.
Sue W standing in for Margaret P

Thanks

Al

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

Hi all. I have contacted Tudor and got this reply ....

Sorry boats are not allowed to carry a passenger and switch crew during the race. I have asked for the rules on the website to be updated to clarify this.

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

I asked about swapping with cox ...

Crew and cox can freely change position during the race provided they still comply with the categories that they have entered for, mixed/vets/women's.

So we need to change our crews to have 5 people per boat.
For those who have posted as crews please post what your crew will be with this change

Re: Tudor Challenge 19th August

With new rules about no passenger,  I am prepared to drop out of Gladys and row in team mabel,  if you guys want me? Although,  I do understand that you are still waiting for Colin to decide if he is rowing with mabel. So please talk amongst yourselves and let me know.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk