seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Mark Taylor
I hope I am not contravening use of this forum for rowing only events. But,  I think this may appeal to many rowers.

As some of you know,  I work as crew on the solar powered boat that is operated by chi harbour conservancy.  I have provisionally arranged an event that may appeal to many of you.

We often see seals when our rowing,  especially beyond Marker.

So on Tuesday 10 September,  departing itchenor at 10.30.  A Seal Safari will be running specifically for rowers.  The event will be hosted by John Arnott, a naturalist with extensive knowledge of the seals and their lives in our harbour. He will give commentary throughout.

We will pass east head and then head up the Emsworth channel to roughly Verner and enter Oar Rythe.

The nature of the silent running of the solar boat,  allows us to enter Oar Rythe where the seals haul out at low water. We can get very close without causing disturbance.

The cost of this is dependent on how many people sign up,  but is likely to be under £15 per person. I am offering this to rowers at ESSC and LCRC.

There is a limit of around 40 people,  so will be first come first served.

If you are genuinely interested,  please put date and time in your diary and sign up below.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Jenny Myles
Definitely interested, thanks Mark
Jenny and Dave

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Yes please Mark, this sounds great, nice to do something different too.

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Chris Waterworth
Yes please Mark

Thanks
Chris W

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Dave & Josie
Hi Mark
Unfortunately I’m at work but Dave would love to attend please if possible. Thanks - Josie

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Lesley Grainger
Hi Mark,
Yes please for me. I'll take the day off work
Thanks for organising, sounds wonderful.
Lesley G x

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

James Griffin
yes please for us both

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Pete Reed
Absolutely, sounds great fun.
Yes for both Pete and Maureen

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Sarah Plender
Yes please Mark
Sarah Px

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

sarah.sadler2@ntlworld.com
I’d love to join you for this please

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Jackie Harper
Yes please Mark, I would love to do this.

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Steph Savill
Yes please Mark

Thanks
Steph

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Mark Taylor
So I have 27 people so far from essc and lcrc, still places available,  can go up to around 35.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Jackie Harper
Hi Mark, if there is still space when everyone else has booked in can I bring a +1?

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Mark Taylor
Yes Jackie, your plus one is very welcome
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Jackie Harper
Awesome thanks so much

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Margaret
Yes please, sounds great, I would love to come.
Thanks,
Margaret

Hi Mark, I also have a rowing friend who would love to come along if there is space.

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Mark Taylor
Yes Sarah,  no problem
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: seal Safari out of itchenor Tuesday 10 September 10.30

Yes please, 2 tickets for Anne Plater
12