Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

The Thames Traditional Rowing Association is organising an event at the River Festival at Greenwich on Sunday Sept 7 that looks like fun.
The Royal Rowbarge Gloriana will review the fleet of tall ships moored at Greenwich, followed by a flotilla of traditional rowing boats. Afterwards there will be a short race. It is all part of the Trinity House 500th anniversary (it was founded in 1514 by Henry VIII).
Launch facilities are at the Ahoy Centre at Deptford. Cost is £50 per boat.
Anyone interested in taking a galley or three?
More details in these documents:
Row_Past_&_Challenge_Route.pdf
Trinity_500_advert.doc

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Mike Gilbert
Sounds good to me..

On 6 August 2014 05:32, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Thames Traditional Rowing Association is organising an event at the River Festival at Greenwich on Sunday Sept 7 that looks like fun.
The Royal Rowbarge Gloriana will review the fleet of tall ships moored at Greenwich, followed by a flotilla of traditional rowing boats. Afterwards there will be a short race. It is all part of the Trinity House 500th anniversary (it was founded in 1514 by Henry VIII).
Launch facilities are at the Ahoy Centre at Deptford. Cost is £50 per boat.
Anyone interested in taking a galley or three?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Elaine
I'm interested in joining a galley Chris

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Grahaml
Sounds good, please add my name to the list.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 6, 2014, at 10:32 AM, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

The Thames Traditional Rowing Association is organising an event at the River Festival at Greenwich on Sunday Sept 7 that looks like fun.
The Royal Rowbarge Gloriana will review the fleet of tall ships moored at Greenwich, followed by a flotilla of traditional rowing boats. Afterwards there will be a short race. It is all part of the Trinity House 500th anniversary (it was founded in 1514 by Henry VIII).
Launch facilities are at the Ahoy Centre at Deptford. Cost is £50 per boat.
Anyone interested in taking a galley or three?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Greenwich-River-Festival-and-Tall-Ships-Regatta-Sept-7-tp1928.html

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

alison kidd
Sounds great, please put my name on your list. Alison

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Teri Baker
Sounds good. Please add my name to the list.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

I'd be interested in this trip, Chris.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Frances
If there's enough space ( second boat?) I would like to row in this event too please

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

I would like to row please. Marilyn.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Cheryl and I are interested in rowing a galley in this too Chris please ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

alison kidd
Regret, unable to row now, sorry. Alison

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Alan Harding
Hi Chris,

Yes please if there is a space.

Thanks,

Alan H

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Chris I would be interested in this event, were you thinking of entering the race as well as the procession?

Cheers

Tim

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

If space exists then I would like to come

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Louisa Moxey
Hope this finds you ok.
Just to let you know that due to bloody work commitments I am having to miss tomorrows row.
Am hoping that all will be resolved and that I will be able to join in for the open row on sunday
Enjoy and keep on rowing!!!!!!!!

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Shellz
This looks fab! What are the costs likely to be as I'm a bit short at the moment?

Tim, from their facebook page looks like the race is limited to six oared boats.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

T'would be great to have you along, Shelley. The cost is £15 a boat, so about a tenner plus petrol.
I complained to Malcolm about the six-oar thing and he says we will be very welcome - the main point was 'no regalia', something that is important for TWCs I believe.

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Andrew B
Hi Chris,
Could Debbie and I express an interest please ?
Andrew

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

sue Martin
Me as well please.
Sue

Re: Greenwich River Festival and Tall Ships Regatta Sept 7

Andrew B
Hi Chris,
The link to the route PDF doesn't do anything for me ?
Andrew
1234